"Dyri" is a short for "hreindýr", which means "reindeer" in Icelandic. But it also means "beast". - Unleash the beast!
Scent: Fir Needles
Þórunn won Grapevine Design Awards 2014 and you can read about the candles she is doing here and excerpt below:
The panelists admired the creators’ ability to turn an everyday item into something new. “A candle,” one laughed. “Nobody thought you could do anything else with a candle.”
Also interview with Þórunn here.
- Dyri™ candle dimensions: 5.1 x 8.7 x 3.9 Inches (13 x 22 x 10 cm)
- Burning time: Approximately 8 hours
- Materials: Paraffin wax, cotton wick and aluminium
- Scent: Fir Needles
- Packaging: Comes in a beautifully designed eco-friendly gift box
- Certified to meet US and EU candle safety standards
- Designed by Icelandic designer Thorunn Arnadottir
- Each candle is slightly different and will burn in its own unique way. We recommend placing your candle on a plate with a minimum diameter of 8 inches (20 cm) to contain the wax as it melts, such as official porcelain PyroPet plate.
Melting Wax: Pyropet Candles are designed to melt in ways that are different from traditional candles. During the burning process they may release large amounts of liquid wax. care should be taken to put the candle on a plate or other contain to eliminate the risk of wax overflow.
Hot Skeleton: Do not touch the skeleton during burning. It becomes hot and may cause injury if touched directly.
High Flame: The flame may become high during burning. The wick of the candle should be kept trimmed to 1/4 inch.
Dyri is certified to meet US and EU candle safety standards.